Monday, August 16, 2010

the reason for my job search blog

Whether you quit your job, or you left involuntarily, chances are you feel overwhelmed by the idea of finding a means to feed yourself and possibly a family. Your new full-time profession as a job seeker is not easy, it requires a full-time engagement, a lot of overtime, not much praise, crappy pay, night and weekend shifts and you even have to clean your own office!

Whether we like it or not, it's going to be up to us alone to find ourselves a job that will not only pay the bills, but also satisfy our need for accomplishment, self-confidence and happiness.

During my tenure as job seeker I have learned a lot about myself, my wife, my family, my friends and neighbors. It is amazing what news skills and knowledge we can pick up in the most adverse of circumstances. One of my job search mentors, Dave O'Farrell, likes to share this morsel of knowledge" "Your job search is one the most difficult spiritual challenges you will face in your life", but he is also quick to point out that with the right tool and mindset it can be quite satisfying and successful.

I've decided that it's time I share a few of the things, tips and tricks I've learned with the rest of the world. I hope I will continue to learn more job search techniques and methods, even when I find myself employed again and I plan to keep sharing them with you.

I hope you'll come back once in a while, take the time to comment on my posts and share this blog with your friends and family members who find themselves in transition! Hearing back from you is the biggest compliment I could hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment