Saturday, December 5, 2015

B283 - Week 11



Coming back from vacation last week to work was actually quite easy, since the trainee that had been riding with me previously had been sent off to work with another manager. Finally I was by myself again, without somebody constantly looking over my shoulder and questioning what I was doing. While I like having fellow employees ride with me from time to time, it does cramp your style, especially when said person acts like they know how things should be done, but really doesn’t understand the company’s inner workings. It is also once again a reminder for me to stay quiet more often, rather than immediately sharing my opinion how things can be done better without first comprehending the complete picture. It is even more important to be quiet when nobody has asked for your opinion!
On the other hand, I realize that I need to be more open to advice and other people’s insights, especially when it comes to starting my own business. Yes, at the end of the day it will be me whose responsible for the direction of my business, but it never hurts to have open ears and absorb what others are sharing with me.
The $100 challenge has been met! I sold two more cartridges this week and they are about to be shipped off. They sold within just a few hours, which probably means I could have charged more money, but probably would have also taken much longer to sell. Two more cartridges are listed on eBay, patiently waiting for a buyer. If they don’t sell by next week Saturday, I will either lower the price or just list them auction style at 99c and see what they sell for.

No comments:

Post a Comment