Saturday, November 21, 2015

B283 - Week 9

Here are some lessons I learned this week about business and business operations:

  • There is always another day! Yes, sometimes it can be frustrating having to work with a difficult customer or co-worker, but if looked at as an opportunity to hone your skills and improve your technique, it can take on a whole different look!
  • Focus on the goal. Sometimes business processes can get so overwhelming that it is hard to remember why one started to begin with! Reminding yourself every day why you started the process and how every little step takes you closer to that goal is always great motivation!
  • Celebrate! When you win a victory, no matter how small, make sure to acknowledge your success and thank all parties involved! This week I received a public thank you note through our company system. It reminded me of all the hard work I had done for a coworker of mine and it sure felt good having her express her gratitude.
I sent out my first printer cartridge this week for the $100 business challenge. It couldn;t have gone smoother and I was actually surprised how quick the first sale came and even at full list price! I had had received multiple offers at about 15-20% below my list price, which had me worried about my pricing strategy (about 5-10% below the average previous sales for comparable items), but voila, within a day someone bought it at full price!

No comments:

Post a Comment