Saturday, October 3, 2015

B283 - Week 2



Last week I found out that I will be taking on a new territory at work. Rather than focusing on downtown Atlanta and its high volume, but stagnant soft-drink market, I get to move out to some of the surrounding countries, one of them being consistently ranked in the top ten fastest growing counties in the US. While that thought excited me, the last minute news that I would have to work with the manager that is the most senior on the team and has not been able to move on in his career for years and years, in addition to being known as a micro-manager, had me seriously consider other options. Two days later I was actually asked if I wanted to join the team of our newest manager in the area. I gave that decision careful consideration. While I would have loved to work with the new DSM, the area simply would not have allowed me to grow at the rate that I need to build my career, in addition to adding considerable mileage to be driven every month. Instead I have focused over the last week to find all the positive aspects of my new territory and approach it as a “new business venture” for myself.

$100 challenge report
I have made contact with a gentlemen who cleans out business buildings in preparation for renovation. He agreed to sell me print cartridges that he has pulled out of these business building dumpsters. We will negotiate the price once I have inspected his stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment